If it hurts badly when you are swallowing, then there is a good chance that you are suffering from a very frustrating symptom called tonsillitis. This is the inflammation of the tonsils which are located at the back of the throat. Furthermore, tonsils are producing white blood cells to prevent any virus or bacteria to enter through your mouth. However, they are also quite vulnerable to infections themselves, leading to their inflammation. Thus, we need to take care of this problem immediately. And what a better way to do it then a powerful DIY homemade syrup for tonsillitis relief.
First off, let me tell about what ingredients we are going to use for this recipe. One of them is coconut oil which can be used amazingly for this cough syrup to get rid of tonsillitis. It has anti-bacterial properties that will help with detaching the pathogens from the surface of the tonsils. Moreover, it also has the anti-inflammatory properties to provide instant relief from pain. The second important ingredient is the honey which acts as a humectant and moisturizes the mucous membranes. Also, in order to fight and prevent infections, we will also use lemon juice. Keep reading for the right amounts for these ingredients and the instructions to make the homemade syrup.
Thus, the ingredients you will need for this recipe are:
– 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil
– ¼ cup of raw honey
– 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
Here you have the instructions to prepare this homemade syrup:
1. Pour 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil in a skillet. Then add 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and ¼ cup of raw honey.
2. Then, mix these together and warm them on low heat. Make sure you will only melt and blend the ingredients, you don’t want to cook them for too long.
3. The next step would be to transfer the prepared cough syrup to a container.
4. Finally, let it cool off for some time and then store the syrup in an airtight bottle for use.
To use this homemade syrup for your tonsillitis relief, mix 1 teaspoon of coconut syrup in 1 cup of warm water and drink it 3 times in a day to clear up the infection within 1 week.