Canker sores will mostly occur on your gums and inside your mouth. They are extremely painful, making it harder to eat or even talk. Even though they don’t make lasting damage, the pain itself screams natural remedies. And there are many you can use but these 3 natural solutions proved to be the most effective. Thus, you don’t have to wait around a couple of weeks for them to heal on their own. Keep reading and check out 3 natural solutions to consider when dealing with canker sores, to speed up the healing process.
1. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide will clean the sore and it will also reduce the bacteria in your mouth. To use it, follow the next instructions:
– mix 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide with equal parts of water.
– dip a cotton swab into the mixture and then apply directly on your canker sores.
– for optimal results, make sure you do this a few times daily.
– moreover, you could also use this mixture as a mouthwash. Simply swish the mixture around your mouth for about a minute, and then spit it out.
2. Sage mouthwash
Sage tea will treat mouth inflammation because it has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and astringent properties. To make your own sage mouthwash, follow the instructions:
– boil a cup of water and add 2 tablespoons of fresh sage leaves.
– simmer for at least 5 minutes, strain the mixture and let it cool off at room temperature.
– then, swish the mixture around your mouth for a couple minutes and then spit it out.
3. Alum powder
This is also another great natural remedy because it has astringent properties which help shrink tissues and it will dry out the canker sores. How you should use it:
– make a paste by mixing a tiny amount of alum powder with a drop of water.
– using a cotton ball, make sure you dab the paste directly onto a canker sore.
– leave it there to act for at least 1 minute and rinse your mouth thoroughly.